Product Shot

Product Shot

So this is the box that I work on every day (have been working on it for 11 years).  In preparation for some trade shows I was asked to photograph it for use on banners etc.  This came out well I thought.  There are a few things going on with the lighting here. 

First I used the Canon 540EZ, gelled red, and shot through a craft stencil for the background pattern.  Then I used my Vivitar 285HV with a snoot on it for the main light that falls on a diagonal across the front of the system.  The snoot was really small.  You can see that the light falls off very quickly as you get away from that top right to bottom left diagonal. 

At this point the top of the box was still very dark so I brought in the old Sunpak 411.  With no modifiers, I just used it to add some definition to the top. 

I used my Canon 50mm 1.8 lens.  My favorite.  I brought it back from the dead last week.  It came apart when we went to Harbour Branch.  I did some research on the net and found a few people had posted step-by-step instruction on disassembling it.  So with the help of my friend Phil at work, we found that the metal ring inside the top lip of the barrel had twisted and unlocked.  Clicked that back in place and all was well again.  Thankfully.  Because I want to use that next week at the wedding that I am going to shoot.

Be blessed.


1 Response to "Product Shot"

Post a Comment