Camera's And Family

When Your Camera Comes Between You and Your Family

This is an interesting article.  I'm curious what you think about it.  I certainly enjoy taking photographs.  And photographing my family is really what drives my desire to photograph at all.  But there are times when it gets in the way. 

Like a theme park.  Sometimes I just want to be a kid with my kids.  I don't want my 40D with battery grip weighing me down.  At the beach, I want to be in the water with them.  I can hand off the camera at times to my wife.  But she probably wants to wear this thing less than I do.

Sometimes I sense that the kiddos (and maybe my wife) are tired of me shooting pictures all the time.  Those are times I try to put the camera down and slowly step away.

The most difficult times are when I really feel inspired to capture something and the family really isn't inspired in the same way.  Man that is tough.  But the family needs to win that battle.  I like the quote in this article

"I've learned that it's okay to miss a few moments because the memories I make with my family are far more important."

That is truth.

So what do you think?  Has this ever been an issue for you?


1 Response to "Camera's And Family"

Post a Comment