Hair

Blonde

Well it has been a while since I have posted.  Life has been busy.  I mean homelife is always busy.  The "Work" work increased there for a bit.  So I haven't been shooting as much these days but I am starting again.  I have some family portrait sessions coming up and even a wedding (I can't believe I said yes to that but they are my friends and they make me feel guilty :) just kidding Tim and Erin.  I am looking forward to it and I like you guys a lot.  I need to do some research on that though.  So I don't mess up their special day. 

Anyway the subject here is hair.  I came home from lunch and took the picture of my sweet wife at our big kitchen window.  It faces east and the sun was high so there was no direct sunlight.  Then my son at our big window facing west over the back yard.  I shot them wide open at 1.8 since the light was low but afterward I thought I rushed it and should have stopped down to get a bit more depth of field.  Even If I had to bump up the ISO, it would have been worth it.


I Need A Haircut




2 Response to "Hair"

  • Zane Hollingsworth Says:

    I really like the shallow depth of field. The shot of your son with his eye and hair in focus is great, and I love the way the photo of you wife just fades away into a blurry shadow as you look towards her face. Well done.

    Good luck on the wedding shoot. I've had a couple of people ask me to shoot their weddings and I keep trying to talk them out of it. I think I could do it, but I would HATE to screw it up.


  • Unknown Says:

    Thanks Zane. My friends tell me they aren't worried about me messing up but I sure am.


Post a Comment