Air And Space




Here are a few shots that I made in the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. This was my first time seeing DC. I remember having a huge photobook of the museum when I was a kid. I would stare at those aircraft and spaceships for hours and think how cool it would be to be there. So thankfully I had a chance. We only had about half a day and that is not nearly enough to take it in but just looking around was great. We also caught a little of the Art Museum as well as the Natural History Museum and the Smithsonian Castle.

I only have two lenses: the kit-lens is a 28-135IS and a 50 1.8. I chose to leave the 50 on the whole time since we were mostly inside. I was able to get really sharp results @ ISO 800, f1.8. The light level is typically very low in the museums.

Color balance is also a challenge because there is a mix of natural light through windows and various combinations of incandescent, fluorescent, and led's. I found myself switching between incandescent and cloudy all day with good results.

Please give a critique if you have time.

2 Response to "Air And Space"

Post a Comment